Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Caterpillars That Look Like Snakes! Need a New Phobia?

Snakerpillaphobia- the fear of caterpillars that disguise themselves as snakes.
 Yeah, I totally made that up, but who's with me, these guys are a little more than slightly creepy.  I mean look at them!  Go ahead, watch the video.




This video appears to be of the snake mimic hawkmoth caterpillar.  They are not really found in our part of the world, so if these guys are keeping you from a picnic, rest assured, you'll not likely find one here in the greater Portland area.  The picture below is identified as a snake mimic hawkmoth caterpillar over on Mail Online.


Now I do have to say, as a pest control professional, in my research of this creepy crawly, I found far creepier caterpillars that can do things like spray acid and hook poisonous barbed hairs into a person (or predatory creature).  

I know you won't be calling me for these guys, but if you're having issues with other pests give me a call. The typical summer pests include bees, spiders, fleas, wasps, yellow jackets, ants and rodents.  Plus bedbugs are still bugging people around Portland, Vancouver, and surrounding areas.  I'd be happy to help with any pest issue you might be dealing with.

Micah Wood
503-998-4322
360-607-1933


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not attempt to use the comment section of this blog to promote your pest control business or direct traffic to your own website via links. Comments as such will be deleted and marked as spam.